Louis CK's apology

If we keep punishing the sexual assaulters - now not for their power-mongering pussy-grabbing dick-exhibiting rape-adjacent behaviour --- but for their apologies --- (and yes, apologies are not hollow if they are backed by a change of behaviour, a true understanding, a demonstration of amends) - then I think that's problematic. I was raised to unconditionally accept a concrete apology. That it's ungracious to not accept an apology. And as a feminist I think it is strategically problematic to keep beating a person with their hands up. I would feel like the cops leaning over Rodney King.

Of course, the minute Louis CK whips his dick out again, he's dead to me. I am not the girl to hang around for the second apology. Not #MeToo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of 'Feminism's Dependency Trap' on Quillette

Bus tickets