Silence

I introduced myself as a feminist to Peter. During the conversation I mentioned incels. He'd never heard of them. He feels he's a #NotAllMen, but he's never heard of incels. Yah-ah. He's a #NotAllMen that doesn't know what he's a #NotAllMen to. Putting your head in the sand and keeping it there makes you an ostrich, not a #NotAllMen. I know that he's more than just out of touch because he didn't want to know more about the incels. If he by accident one day accidentally yah like that would ever happen finds out that the word incels was not made up by those pesky feminists, that incels made up their own word and live in their own-defined world, Peter's gonna blush. He stormed out because he thought I made it up. I bet he didn't want to be confrontational. Like not-asking, and not-staying, and passive-aggressive silence is 'not confrontational'. It is. Silence is confrontational. #NoteToSelf  

Yikes. Back in the day when women were forced to maintain their virginity, or suffer the consequences of a life ruined, I guess men could say, "Ah, that's why I'm not getting any." Now, when women can choose, I guess don't want to say, "Ah, that's why I'm not getting any - I'm an asshole." They'd be getting a lot more nooky if everyone wasn't bathing and everyone had bags under their eyes, and everyone had sagging balls and boobs. Now, there are too few nipped and tucked, Vogue-enslaved, GQ-types with black hair and chiseled jaws to go round. : p I'm enjoying that last sentence. SO MUCH. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of 'Feminism's Dependency Trap' on Quillette

Bus tickets