Die Skaap on Clifton Beach

It's that the focus is on the cruelty and not on what was done to the Black people. Cruelty to animals is a daily thing - factory farming, abattoirs. What about the Black people? When a painting is burned or a university wall is damaged the White people see only that, from their armchairs. What about the ISSUES. We slavishly read the headlines and get cross about what the media tells us to be cross about. And we don't even know WHY the sheep was there. This comment I am writing is what the article says.

M-e-n-a-r-e-t-r-a-s-h is the same. IT'S A WORD. You can't ban words. Like 'capitalism'. If I want to talk about capitalism I need that word. If I want to talk about the negative effects of the m-e-n-a-r-e-t-r-a-s-h word, I need the word. Instead Facebook bans me on an algorithm. They don't look at the problem and say, Gee, I am an asshole. They think that because they don't beat their wives on Wednesdays that they get a n-o-t-a-l-l-m-e-n pass. They don't spend time wondering where their sexism exists in their bodies. Men would not be the right people to ask if they think they are sexist. They have a horse in the show, they need the show.

Same for White people. White people benefit from their racism. Their horse is in the show.

My horse is in the show.

It's hugely problematic to ignore the issues of people around you. Then when they make a complaint complain about HOW they are complaining. I guess their letters to the editor didn't get published.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of 'Feminism's Dependency Trap' on Quillette

Bus tickets