War and Peace (2016) ~ Just as I am about to ask if 'Leo Tolstoy' is a pseudonym of Jane Austen, a hunt and a wolf murder. I was never inspired to read the 'canon' as it's all animal murder, war, and duels. And when they do another version of it in GoT, the man writes women characters in such a way that all that distinguishes them from men is that they are frequently naked and variously raped, wars still in place. Am I unnecessarily suspicious? For whom did Tolstoy and Lawrence write? Women were forbidden educations, and wealthy women who had a version of education had to spend morning noon and night going to fittings and dressing for meals and events. Was Tolstoy interested in love? Have I lost a grasp on my brain?
Even if you know me, you may not know that something that bugs me is that, as the world is divided into goodies and baddies - that people who are goodies get treated like baddies 'in case'. So yes, that applies to me. Men should be treated with caution. I think a certain level of caution is warranted in life-and-death situations, even situations that men don't think are life and death. So, always meet in a public place, and give your friend their researched identity number and phone number before leaving the house. And men, for their part, bring your mother to the date and two of your male friends. Do your bit to show women you know they are vulnerable. However, I don't want to hand in my handbag to a shop locker when I go into a store. Capitalism's loss is not life and death. Put up a camera and witness my honesty.
Quillette: https://quillette.com/2018/12/20/feminisms-dependency-trap/ I don't agree with this article. The article is written by a woman raising issues about how feminists define themselves in the negative against their issues with men and saying that's a problem. That is how the world changes its ideas. Oh gosh, I hate the capitalism stuff - it's greedy, it prevents creative solutions, it tends to the lowest common denominator... What would world look like without it? People would would work because they want to, they would be paid within an equity scale. That is how ideas happen. They examine what is wrong with the world and come up with alternate ideas. And the people with power and things to lose resist the ideas and the changes. And then there's a revolution. I don't think the author understands the process of world change. She sneers at women driving cars their fathers bought and receiving education from the pockets of their fathers' ...
Comments
Post a Comment